My 2016 Thoughts

by - January 01, 2017


Another 365 days whizzed past and we will be embracing a new year in a mere few hours. There's no series of my best photos in 2016, but only one pure intention to share my heartfelt thoughts about my year.

Looking back, it has been an exceedingly tumultuous year in both my personal and business spheres and it has taught me a series of lessons as I slowly uncovered and trudged on in 2016.

1. Be intentionally positive

It is easy to feel jaded when things are not going your way and you find yourself overwhelmed with knee depth problems or situations. The truth is, not everything would go the way you've planned. Just like how an ordinary stone can only morph into a shiny diamond through rounds and rounds of cut, God operates the same way: shaping our character through the difficult times we go through.

How we react to those problems - like being intentionally positive and finding the good out of it becomes the essence of our character building. If we choose to dwell in our hardships, snapping out of them would be way more challenging than it should be.

This year, I have learnt to push aside my negativity (which does not help in problem solving anyway!) and choose to see the good in every obstacle and allow my faith and character to grow through them.

2. Persevere even when the going gets tough

I have lost count of the times I set my mind on something and eventually did not follow through because I couldn't see its fruits. We live in a digital age, where with a tap of our phones - we have access to any sort of information we need in that instant. It leaves us wanting results quick, whether it comes to losing weight, earning money or anything we desire.

Like point 1, perseverance acts as another character building tool and for me - a faith tool as I walk through life with attempts to bloom where I am planted, instead of constantly having thoughts to try something new when things does not seem to be working.

3. Learning more about myself

This year has been an incredible learning journey for me as I used to think that I NEED to do everything well - whether it was a job assigned to me or a task that I had to settle, that perfectionist streak in me was chasing for the impossible. After battling with so many struggles, I have learnt to accept my flaws better and focus on honing my strengths.

I did my personality test, and my results revealed that I belong to the ENFP category - a warm and enthusiastic individual who is typically very bright and full of potential (oh yay!) The downside would be that I operate mostly based on feelings and am someone who is not very good at following through mundane and routine things.

That's where I have learnt to delegate matters I'm not good to others who can manage them better than me. It also gives me more time to take on tasks that I would shine in. Additionally, I would spend some time to reflect about myself as well (more details can be found in my previous post).

Here's the personality test I did - www.16personalities.com

Despite it being one of the most challenging years, I learnt exponentially and am thankful for everything that God has placed in my life that has paved what I am today.

Come 2017 - it would be a year of moving forward and embracing big changes, receiving an abundance of favour, wisdom and shalom (peace).

Thank you for being a part of my journey and here's wishing you a very blessed year ahead!

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>