Postcards from Lake Wanaka

by - May 08, 2016





The moment our plane descended beneath the clouds, I was reeling with excitement because we were enveloped by snow capped mountains and lush greenery. I knew my first time to New Zealand was gonna be filled with epic first moments, like driving to Lake Wanaka and feeling constantly astounded with gasps as frequent as the breaths I took.

At 7 degrees, we strolled along the lake with vicious gushes of wind blowing against us; causing our lips to turn chapped within seconds. We sought refuge in a little cafe thereafter where I ordered a raspberry sorbet which turned out delicious! I wasn't expecting the portion to be that huge. I highly recommend sharing meals when you there as well.

Despite the cold, I was completely elated and amazed by the picturesque landscape before me. The skies were extraordinarily blue and the mountains were all in place to capture the perfect shot. We ventured towards their pier for some photos before retreating back to car and then drove off to the next destination on our list. Have you seen the apartment we stayed in?

Keep taking my breath away, New Zealand.

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>