First

by - January 02, 2016


It was our last day in Japan so we decided to take a stroll in the famous Yoyogi Park before doing some last minute shopping at Tokyo Station. We were welcomed to the first day of 2016 with clear and vivid blue skies and it definitely did inject more hopeful vibes on how the year would unravel. This days, I've been taking time to look up and enjoy the little things instead of burying through work and being so overwhelmed with them.

It was a quaint morning and the park was rather empty. The morning rays and the fresh crisp air were benefits for us early birds! I guess majority of the people probably had a blast the night before and were recuperating. A massive number spent theirs at the temple praying for a good year while many spent theirs counting down in the most eventful way. KH and I stood in the cold at the balcony of our apartment in hopes to see fireworks emerging from Tokyo Tower, but there were only cheers and hurrays when the clock strike twelve. We then returned back to our warm and cosy bed. More on that another time!

Hand in hand, we strode up a little hill where barren trees had perfectly lined the path. I love morning walks in the park like this because we get to spend quality time together without whipping out phones. We spotted huge flocks of pigeons and ravens in the park. It was a little daunting when the ravens started squawking and swooping past us though!! There was also a little park specially for dogs too. How cute.

This trip, KH was absolutely helpful with photos and I'm surprised he could actually churn out pictures I really like! The photos were taken along our walk and I had no intentions to create content with it. This was the most restful and liberating trip of the year where I had no obligations or specific work lineup.

After our morning agenda was completed, we scooted off to get some shopping done before making our way to the airport. I never had time to ponder on my 2015 or what my new year resolutions were. So the flight back did leave me with time to spare and got me thinking.

2015 was a tumultuous time where I saw myself entering new boundaries, trying new concepts accepting hard truths and struggling to trust God more. But, I believe that 2016 is going to be a year filled with breakthroughs with God's infinite favour and wisdom pouring abundantly!

And that marks the end of my first day in 2016.

Wishing everyone a blessed year ahead!

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>