Stay Strong

by - August 30, 2016



Even when it gets tough, things look bleak and there’s no light to your tunnel. I can’t count the number of nights where thoughts of giving up hovered over my head.
Letting go and giving up always seemed like the easier path; but the arduous path of perseverance and that tumultuous terrain of resilience is what we have to conquer to be shaped into the best version of ourselves.
For those who’ve known me for awhile would know that one of my hobbies include picking up inspirational books. Reading time has evolved into a sanctuary for God and me; where I get to bask in His presence and gain knowledge. Occasionally, I would throw in some delightful treats (especially berries-anything) before commencing.
In my recent read, I have learnt that the words you feed yourself and others have SO much power. So what have you been telling yourself?
The words we speak has a 2-edged sword effect - harnessing the energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate, and to humble. If you’ve been constantly gloomy, discouraged and feeding yourself with words of negativity - chances are, you’re staying where your mind wants you to be.
BUT if you allow yourself to STOP wallowing in self pity and CHOOSE to take a leap of faith and tune yourself towards empowering words….that’s where you’ll be - STRONG, POSITIVE, POWERFUL and PEACEFUL.
I say CHOOSE..because it’s a courageous and uncomfortable step to take that many would rather avoid and dwell in their comfort zone. Whatever you’re facing today, I pray that you choose to speak words of life.
For more, do check out Joyce Meyer’s book!

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>