Japan Hauls

by - February 01, 2016


I finally got down to documenting this before it all magically disappears and sifting them out would simply be impossible. The Christmas spirit was rocket high the moment we entered Disneyland and we were welcomed with an insane crowd like never before. Everyone was basking in the festive joy and we joined in too! We didn't get to take much rides because the queues were incredibly long, but we did some Christmas food shopping.

KH and I made our way back to Disneysea on a seperate day after our friends left because Duffy Bears were only sold there!! Of course, to experience Disneysea as well since it'd be our first time. The Christmas decorations were promptly taken out and new props were specially prepared to welcome 2016. That was when I spotted those 'Disney Sweet Love 2016' tins which weren't available during Christmas and decided to drop one of each into my basket. I squealed in excitement and bought a couple of Frozen products for my cousins too. 

Riding on the topic of amusement parks, my USJ hauls weren't too extreme. I did exercise more self control and probably regretted purchasing the Christmas minion popcorn holder because it was so bulky!! It was an impulse buy but on hindsight, it was incredibly tough to abstain from it since everyone else in Universal Studios had it slung on their necks. It was also limited edition too...Now I just need to find a place to display it. KH won all the keychains from the grab machines so that leaves me with a beanie and a pair of socks. *pats on shoulder* We did spend a hefty amount on the express passes and ridiculous cab fares though. 

 
When it came to Hello Kitty or Sanrio related, it was a whole different story. KH had to hold my hand tightly as I continue to gawk over the different things these characters were printed on. From stickers to soft toys, I was completely and irrevocably smitten. He had to constantly remind me about the baggage constraint we had because he himself had overbought while I already had a huge luggage even before the trip started. So I bought all the little things: stickers, socks, notepads, diaries, notebooks, post-its, keychains, pens and pencils. Okay and a stuffed Hello Kitty decked in kimono from Kyoto! 


Told KH these little things wouldn't take up much space and I could continue buying more. Oh and I got 3 pairs of couple keychains from Disneyland because...they are Disney characters! I mean. Look!! KH also promised to used one of these girly keychains with me. 


The most irresistible part of the trip had to be foooooood. We bought boxes of Tokyo Banana, Ishiya chocolate and an assortment of Kitkat home. I was intrigued with the different flavours of Kitkat and wished they had them in Singapore! We bought other random snacks from their convenience store too but it was almost wiped out even before we got home. Ooops. 


Another highlight of the trip was paying a trip to Nissin Cup Noodles Museum where we bumped into Mark Lee and Vivien Lai! I've also brought home unique flavours back which annoyed KH, since I could have easily purchased cup noodles from Singapore. In my defence, there's no cheese curry and milk seafood here!! 


Back on a feminine note, I found myself digging into Dolly Wink products as they were half priced!! The product that I highly rave about (Cure Natural Aqua Gel) was also on a great discount. In Singapore it would cost $49 a bottle, but I got it for $25. #mustbuy Adding on to my make-up related hauls, I had to bag home Biore and Bifesta's makeup remover because they were so worth it too! Once again, the Sanrio addict in me succumbed to their line of lip essence and facial masks. *gulp* These items weren't taking up most of the space but............the stuffed toys below were definitely guilty.


Japan being the cornerstone of Anime and Pokemon, KH was undeniably in his favourite land. He bagged home every Pikachu he could find and I too, found myself keeping a pair of limited edition Jan 2016 set where the couple stuffed toys were decked in kimono. If you're a big fan of Pokemon, don't forget to drop by the store at Tokyo Station to collect their exclusive Pikachu too!

Hopping on the bandwagon of sales, I did popped by Zara, H&M and F21 to buy some majorly discounted winter wear too! I believe my shopping would turn out entirely different if it was summer. I'm just so thankful to experience Japan during winter with my big love, who was never short of accommodating and thoughtful. 

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>