Golden Hour

by - February 06, 2016


After another incredibly long day, we found ourselves at the last stop of our private tour - a surreal and serene beach along the shores of Phuket.

It was a draining episode for my family and I, as we scoured for places to shoot PACE's lookbook together the attempts to enjoy our beach vacation. Mixing work and leisure together puts me on a new level of stress because I feel extremely guilty for my parents and siblings who'd hang around for hours at the same spot when it could be better spent exploring more places.

My sister was tirelessly directing behind the lenses and the family would cheer us on morally and helping in every possible way - including lugging a crazy huge float up onto our speedboat. Looking back at the series of events, I can only be thankful for this family who has and will always be supporting my ventures relentlessly.

I decided to post this series of photos, where we were blessed to enjoy and bask in God's magnificent creation - a beautiful sunset which filled the skies in different hues of orange, slowly morphing into grey clouds and then dusk. As I inhaled as much ocean breeze my body could take, I reminded myself once again to BE STILL, because God is in control. 

The past few weeks have been an uphill battle for me. I was overly stretched in every possible way and feeling completely vexed, I shut myself out and indulge in as much food and sleep. God felt so far away and it seemed impossible to keep the positivity afloat. Smiles, hearty laughters and work masked my sadness and bitterness, but it wasn't enough to stop them from coming back. My sister saw through the facade rather quickly and sent me a very long and loving text, with a verse that captivated my heart: "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” 

Many times, we overload ourselves with the problems we are facing and we forget to look up. The One who holds the Universe in the palm of His hand is still in control. He is always on time. Everything happens for a reason and slowly, I worked on my unbelief and strongly believe that Daddy God loves me and wants the best for me. 

Whatever giants you are facing, keep the faith and trudge on. Let us always be reminded that nothing is impossible for our almighty God - the same God who parted the red seas, multiplied 5 loafs and 2 fishes, turned water into wine, healed the sick..and has prepared a land of milk & honey for us. Our best days are ahead of us. :)

Outfit Details
PACE Shoes | UNVEILEDLUST Bracelet
LOVE BONITO Bikini | BKK Sunglasses 

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>