FujiQ Highlands

by - July 20, 2016


After our trip last year, Japan scored an irreplaceable place in my heart because I deeply cherish the moments tweaved during that trip. Last trip, my lack of research caused us to make a brief pitstop at FujiQ Highlands and Lake Kawaguchiko. So when I knew we were returning, I dedicated a 2D1N itinerary to return! In my travel diary above, there are some pictures taken from our first trip too. 

Travelling around Tokyo is relatively convenient and to save the hassle of travelling with our luggages, we dropped them at our previous hotel (Shibuya Tokyu REI Hotel) which was a 3 min walk from Shibuya station. Alternatively, you can keep them at designated lockers easily found at their train stations. Leaving them at our previous hotel was convenient and it saved us money! 

I booked the highway bus and left Tokyo at 735am. It was ridiculously early but we slept comfortably through! There's also a washroom in the bus, so there were no rest stops. We were bound for FujiQ highlands and arrived at 1030am with plans to conquer their thriller rides. 

Summer was beautiful but it was so unbearably hot and we didn't liked the idea of queuing for 2 hours each ride. We wanted to buy express passes for the rides but they were completely sold out!! Thankfully, we bought tickets just for the entrance to their theme park so money wasn't wasted. We toured one round to check out some of the other rides and made a beeline for...food! We started munching on their snacks and moved on to icecream. There were no pictorial evidence since I was busy walloping down food too heh. But, I have to add that they served pretty good mango sorbet - perfect for combatting the summer heat! 

Talking about the sun, I'm so thankful for our Off Duty Hat which came really handy for keeping my face away from the sun and...of course, for photos! There were plenty of Japanese dressed in their cosplay costumes shooting too! That's definitely a stamp of approval as great backdrop for your outfits. 

I went a little overboard with their merchandise again.....but was a little disappointed with their limited Mt Fuji x Hello Kitty products, so I walked out with socks, some chocolates and pouches which I'll be sharing more in my shopping hauls post!

You May Also Like

0 comments

//]]>